пятница, 6 ноября 2009 г.

Mine Till Midnight (2007)


Make no mistake, Lisa Klepas is a top notch writer and every book she's written is eminently readable. That said, every book is not created equal and her last series of books, while very good, were not 'great' like her earlier ones were. I'm not sure why. The heroes were missing something. Weak plots. The stars didn't align right. I dunno.

But here she comes back swinging, with a great plot, fantastic hero and heroine and she even manages to do it while letting us see how some of my very favorite past characters are doing now AND introducing new characters that I'm dying to know more about. She has left me frothing with anticpation for the next book.

For me, the mark of a great book is when, after I've finished reading it at a breakneck pace, I put it down, get something to eat and pick it up again to re-read at a more leisurely pace. This one fits that bill. And it's even better when you are not missing parts of it by gulping it down so fast. ;) I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did.
Download fb2

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий